When: May 25th 6-8:30pm
Theme: 80’s (come dressed up in 80’s gear!)
- Come out to the totally rad 80’s themed spring dance.
- Costumes encouraged! Dress up in your 80’s inspired neon gear.
- Entertainment, dance, games, food and much more!
- Food options: Pizza, Taco Bag, Ice Cream, Bake Sale …
- Suggested Donation: $10 Family/ $3 person
We are looking for volunteers – please sign-up here!
**Children must be accompanied by an adult**
When: Friday, June 8th
Where: Front of SJD
Time: 8:00 to 9:15am
- Join us for pancakes, fruit & coffee!
- Suggested donation per family $20/ $5 per person
We are looking for volunteers- Please sign-up here!
*please bring your own plates & cutlery if possible to help reduce landfill waste
Upcoming Active Transportation Event!
Next event to join in and celebrate using active modes of transportation to get to school:
SJD’s Walk and Wheel Week/ Bike to School Week is next week, May 28th to June 1st.
We hope that your family is ready to participate because the SJD staff and your PAC have many exciting events planned for the week. Here are the highlights:
- Every day of the week – Bike, scoot, or walk to school. Teachers will track student participation in classrooms and students who use active travel to get to school will earn tickets for the daily prize draw.
- Tuesday, May 29th – Bike Rodeo for grade 3s. All grade 3 students are encouraged to bring their bikes and helmets to participate in the Vic Police run Bike Rodeo being held in the morning.
- Wednesday, May 30th – Bike to Work Week celebration station @ Moss & Fairfield. Come decorate your bike, sip a hot chocolate and enjoy a breakfast sandwich. There will be small breakfast sandwiches donated by the Hot and Cold Café; fruit from SPUD; coffee and hot chocolate from Starbucks. There will also be a “decorate your bike” station so the kiddos can get their ride all dolled up for Friday’s parade and the BlenderBike so that kids can make their own pedal-powered smoothies! These activities are only for children who cycle that day.
- Friday, June 1st – Super Hero Bike Parade from Clover Point to SJD. Come dressed as your favourite super hero and decorate your wheels and helmet. Students participating in the parade will meet at Clover Point for the start of the parade at 8:40 am. We will then all walk and wheel to school along Moss Street. Parents are welcome!
- Friday, June 1st – 100% in 1 day, school celebration. Let’s have 0 cars drive to and pick up right at the school. The parking lot and roundabout will be closed off for the day. Drop your child off at Clover Point, instead of at the school, so that they can walk or wheel their way to the school. Later in the day we will transform the parking lot and roundabout into special play zones for all students to enjoy!
More info here.
Art Show – Thurs. June 21st (1-6pm)
Fun Day – Fri. June 22nd
All parents who have a child enrolled at Sir James Douglas Elementary School are automatically enrolled in the Parents Advisory Council. Together, it is our mission is to enhance and support the educational, physical and emotional development of our children. We listen, discuss, advise, inform, support, serve, contribute, and engage in many aspects of school life.