Grade 5 Graduation Luncheon!
Volunteer sign-up here.
Staples PAC School Supply Fundraiser – Order now!
Each year the SJD teachers organize a list of suggested and optional items for your child. The PAC has organized with Staples this year to provide parents with the opportunity to pre-purchase school supplies for the next school year. The purpose of this opportunity is to save parents time from back to school shopping, while also helping the PAC fund-raise.
Please click on the following link for information on how to order. https://sjdpacvictoria.ca/staples-school-supply-fundraiser/
ORDER DEADLINE: Friday July 7th
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
New Fundraising partner – mabel’s labels!
You can support SJD PAC when buying labels for home and for school. The SJD PAC will receive 20% of all sales.
Please visit http://campaigns.mabelslabels.com to make your order!
more information here: https://sjdpacvictoria.ca/mabels-labels/
Thank-you to everyone that came out to our last PAC meeting and volunteered to join the 2017/2018 SJD PAC!
Co-Chairs: Laura and Nicole
Vice Chair: Jenn
Active Travel: Tom
Members at large: Tanya, Monica, Teri, Justin, Maylyn, Julie, Deanna, Julia and Janet
Contact any of the members of the exec through the SJD PAC email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our school is enriched by the hard work of the PAC volunteers. The fundraising that they perform provides important resources for all of our classes:
- Many of the numerous field trips and special classroom programs (such as the Growing Young Farmers gardening program and the Story Studio writing and literacy program) would not have happened this year without the financial support of the PAC.
- Our arts and sports programs benefit enormously from the PAC’s support. PAC money funded special dance and music performances at school assemblies and purchased over $1000 worth of sports equipment for our students.
- In addition to their financial support, the PAC plays an important role in building a sense of community at SJD. The special events, such as the Halloween Dance, movie nights, and the Pancake Breakfast, bring families together on our school grounds.
- The PAC plays an important role as an official voice of the parent community.
- At Finn & Izzy on Oak Bay Avenue if you mention SJD PAC when buying a full price pair of shoes for your child they will donate $5 to our school’s PAC! This year we received over $450!
- New** you can purchase labels for all your needs at mabel’s labels. 20% of online sales go to SJD PAC.
- You can purchase clothing labels, household labels etc. through Loveable Labels & they will donate 20% of online sales to SJD PAC.
- The PAC receives 10% of all purchases made at the Soap Exchange at 1393A Hillside Avenue (corner of Hillside Ave and Cedar Hill Rd). Simply tell them you represent the SJD PAC when you make your purchase!
Throughout the year the PAC holds fundraising opportunities. Funds raised through these various campaigns go towards supporting the students in our school. Past funds have gone towards art museum projects, the crossing guard program, sports equipment, classroom field trips and learning resources.
Thanks for your support!
All parents who have a child enrolled at Sir James Douglas Elementary School are automatically enrolled in the Parents Advisory Council. Together, it is our mission is to enhance and support the educational, physical and emotional development of our children. We listen, discuss, advise, inform, support, serve, contribute, and engage in many aspects of school life.