On April 13, 206, the PAC organized a Mindfulness For Parents workshop for our school.
The presenter, Stephanie Curran, has provided a list of resources and links below that were mentioned during the workshop.
If you would like further information you can contact Stephanie:
– Just Breathe with kindergarten kids
– google lecture (1hr) by Chris McKenna (Mindful Schools) called “Mindfulness, Neurobiology and Children” (we watched from 11:58 – 28:18 but the entire hour is fabulous)
– TEDtalk (19min) by Kristin Neff called “The space between self-esteem and self-compassion”
– How mindfulness empowers us (2min video – good for adults AND kids)
Community resources for mindfulness practice
– Art of Living Mindfully (MSP funded program)
– MBSR – with instructor Patricia Galaczy
– Mindful Mamas (weekly meditation group with me – registration is now open for the spring session Apr-June). Click here to join my FB page (moms AND dads welcome), I post interesting mindfulness and parenting articles
– www.heartmindonline.org (lots of resources for kids, educators and parents)
– www.mindfulschools.org (great listing of books and audio)
Story books for children (these are some favourites in our house)
* lots more listed on the Mindful Schools website