UPDATED: May 11
Hello Fellow Parents,
Here are a few reminders!
Childhood Anxiety Workshop Follow-up
Thank you to all of the parents who attended Thursday evening’s childhood anxiety workshop with Dr. Magali Brulot. Some of Dr. Brulot’s slides with information about resources for parents are listed below. Please send us your feedback about the workshop and let us know topics of other parent education seminars that you would like to see in the future. Email Paula at email@example.com
Information & Resources
Monday, May 12th: School Supplies Fundraiser Closes
The Monks’s School Supply fundraiser closes this Monday May 12th, make sure to get your orders in! Please order online at: http://bts.monk.ca or submit a cheque payable to “Monk Office” with your order form. If you need the password or have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Friday, May 16th: No School Pro-D Day
Just a reminder that there is no school this Friday, May 16th.
Spring Fair Themed Raffle Baskets
One of the great traditions of the Spring Fair is the Themed Raffle Baskets. Please see this PDF for more information on how you can help: Spring Fair Baskets Info
Spring Fair: Save the Date!
Join us Friday, June 13 from 5 to 8 pm at the school for this year’s Spring Fair. This SJD community event is filled with good eats, fun games, entertainment, face painting, raffle baskets and so much more!
But we need your help to get it all organized! Please click here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0E48ABA628A46-spring to volunteer.
Thank you in advance for your help!
For important school dates and times, see the SJD Calendar.
Do We Have Your Email Address?
If we don’t have your email address, and you wish to receive the weekly parent email from the PAC, which includes reminders, updates, and and important information, then please email us, today, with the following details:
- Your Email Address
- Your Name
- Your Child’s Division Number
Executive Members Wanted!
Do you want to become more involved in your child(ren)’s school? At our May 21 PAC meeting, we’ll be selecting our next executive. The roles require varying levels of time and experience – there really is a place for everyone who would like to contribute. These are the positions we’ll be filling for the coming school year:
- Takes input from parents to decide on direction of PAC for the year
- Represents all parents, views and opinions without bias
- Chairs general PAC meetings and executive meetings
- Prepares agendas for PAC general and executive meetings
- Works closely with treasurer to prepare budget
- Consults regularly with treasurer about the PAC balance sheet and disbursements that are made
- Makes minor decisions independently to ensure continued operation of PAC and its committees
- Represents parent views to school administration
- Appoints committees when authorized by the general membership or Executive
- Be a signing officer
- Works with President to effectively represent all parents of SJD
- Take on extra duties, as needed,
- Will chair meetings if President is unavailable
- Takes meeting minutes of general and executive meetings, presents them to the membership
- Sorts and files mail
- Ensures that all funds of the council are properly accounted for
- Manages accounts, budget, and grant applications governed by the PAC
- Disburses funds as authorized by the membership or the Executive
- Drafts an annual budget
- Prepares financial statements and shares them as needed with the membership and the Executive
- Serves as a liaison to various fundraising chairs
- Be a signing officer
Directors (maximum of five)
- Have board voting responsibilities
- Each director is asked to take part in a committee or area of interest (i.e., specific fundraisers such as Halloween Dance or Spring Fair, hot lunch program, newsletter, parent education)